The UKCSD will offer scripted or bespoke training courses that will enhance your dog training experience and handling knowledge, enabling you to develop your practical skills, theoretical and training knowledge as a scent-work dog handler or instructor. It will provide opportunity for you to improve your professional practice, in either the canine handling or instructional environments. Using evidence-based practice within all our scent dog training courses, we will provide hands on practical dog training instruction, coupled with enhanced theoretical knowledge enabling you to include these techniques within the operational or pet dog training environment.
The UK College of scent detection offers many different courses that are designed and developed to educate and instruct the dog and handler team or the scent-work instructor. Our main objectives are;
- Design and teach excellent scent-work courses
- Appeal to all levels of trainer or handler progressing and developing as necessary
- Include imaginative and exciting scent-work to develop your own training classes
- Share knowledge creating an active and progressive community of practice for all graduate students
- Use evidence-based practice, and remain abreast of recent advances within canine scent-work training
- Above all, do no harm and actively promote force free science-based training, providing the best possible positive training environment for both handler and dog
The UKCSD accredited courses will enable the student to demonstrate the required knowledge, skills and attitude in order to become an accomplished handler or instructor within the discipline of training canine ‘Scent-Work’
You will follow the required progression of the dog from initial scent-work through a natural progressive training cycle. There will be insights, into coaching opportunities, different methodologies to suite different dogs, reinforcement principles, and creating training programmes for your choice of canine scent-work.
The courses will not only focus upon the student designing and developing their own training programmes and knowledge for canine scent-work, but will have a unique and structured element covering many aspects of adult learning and coaching providing you with the best possible assistance to achieve excellent results with you dog or your students.
Workshops and courses for al types of sent dog training of instructors, to carry out and train sent dog handlers.
Operational Dog Instructors
Industrial Dog Instructors
Pet Dog Instructors
Therapy Dog Instructors
All Dog Training Instructors
Detection Dog Handler Detection Dog Instructor Assistance Dog Educator
Detection Dog Handler (Explo) Detection Dog Instructor (all scents) Body Search Handler Body Search Instructor