Why not join the team? And become an ambassador, where you can hold your own scent competitions, judge for other ambassadors, and reward successful performance with UKCSD Certificates and Rosettes? Join in future webinars and receive website recognition with City & Guilds electronic credentials, that may place you head and shoulders above the competition. You will be able to train your students at your own pace, incorporating the knowledge, skills and attitude that you have gained along this challenging yet enjoyable scent detection training opportunity.
Whether you’ve already completed some of our courses and wish to take things further or you’re just starting off your career as a scent dog trainer, you can still become a UKCSD Ambassador, as all our ambassadors will hold both C&G Credentials in both Search and Instruction.
The journey to becoming one of our ambassadors can be completed in manageable steps, at your own pace and once achieved you can run your own scent courses, run your own UKCSD fun and exciting ‘scent-dog’ grading systems so your clients can achieve the UKCSD award systems, for guardians and their pet-dogs.
Firstly, we require you to have completed both our C&G programmes giving you the required practical knowledge and the necessary instructional skills and techniques. If you tick these boxes, you can complete your journey to becoming 'A UKCSD Scent Dog Ambassador'.
Our elite ambassador programme will give you opportunities to organise, run and develop our award system, which we genuinely believe will offer exciting and unique opportunities for your own clients.
The ambassador programme now requires you to engage with your students, training them for our three awards, all of which have an ‘operational slant’ ..... We can't give out too much information as this will spoil the fun! But it will be a totally unique experience for your customers.
The Ambassador Course, for those who have achieved C&G Scent Dog plus Instructor.
This is the most challenging and rewarding course that we currently offer, and in return empowers you with the necessary knowledge, skills and attitude to:1. Train scent detection and/or tracking within your own pet dog training classes
2. Run, organise and judge UKCSD scent detection award Gold Silver and Bronze schemes
3. Coach your students ready for the Platinum Award judged by the UKCSD
4. Become part of the ambassador scheme, receiving discounts and other opportunities
5. Students pass certificates and rosettes from the UKCSD
6. Future development training improving your training opportunities, and enhancing your business
The UKCSD Ambassador course will provide you with the following knowledge, attitude and skill to enhance your own dog training business, and continue to benefit from the ‘UKCSD Journey’
The course will provide the following
- Preparation of the learning environment
- Developing the student
- Humanistic training techniques for the dog training world
- Running a UKCSD scent-work trial
- Coaching and Assessment techniques
- Design and development of training scenarios
- Trouble shooting
- Course and lesson planning
- Training and developing the dog and handler
- Common faults within the search world
- Mixed method training methodology, combining different skills enhancing your knowledge base.
Thank you Sam Smillie for the photographs!