18th to 22nd March 2019
6th to 10th Aug 2019
Venue: Bruntingthorpe Proving Ground, Bruntingthorpe, Lutterworth, Leicestershire, LE17 5QS
Instructor: Rob Hewings BSc, MA, PGDip
This intensive 5 Day course will develop your skills and knowledge in the following;
- Canine Learning Theories, particularly scent-work and tracking
- Adult Learning Theories, particularly in classroom and field-work skills, lesson planning, course planning
- Coaching Skills in the following, track laying, track planning, line handling and the ‘Tacit Dimension’ of reading canine tracking
- How to Coach the skill of training a tracking dog, and acquiring the ‘indication’ as they find articles on the track
- Understand and teach Introduction to tracking for puppies and adult dogs
- Understand the development of the tracking ‘team’ and apply training concepts to rapidly improve your team
- Introduction to ‘Hydro-intensified’ hard surface tracking and the benefits of further development, introducing trailing as a problem-solving concept
- Trouble shooting guides
- Design and develop practical scenario based tracking days for your training class
- Gain valuable experience in training and teaching on the course, where you will lay and coach a successful track, to demonstrate the valuable skills acquired throughout the week
Tracking is an incredible skill that only dogs can perform.
The demand for ‘club level’ tracking instruction is becoming more and more popular, as owners are quickly learning the advantages their dogs can get from tracking and the benefits that it brings.
The UKCSD will enhance and develop your training skills both for classes and one-to-ones, by training you to instruct your clients in the skill of canine tracking.
You will learn how to coach your clients to train their dogs to follow a scent in a series of environments so that they can exercise them and mentally stimulate them in a controlled and constructive.
Acquire coaching skills that can be used in operational, general dog training or competitive arenas.
The UKCSD will enhance and develop your skills in the progression of multi-surface practical tracking, and training you to become an instructor in this exciting discipline.
Our venue boasts excellent tracking facilities as well as on-site catering, secure parking and fully equipped classroom
Dogs of all standards welcome, this is a course for 'Instructor' training (as well as the dogs!)
Limited to 8 Attendees
Rob Hewings BSc, MA. PGDip
- 25 years Metropolitan Police Dog Section (1991-2016)
- 9 years Instructor Metropolitan Police Dog Training Establishment(2007-2016)
- Operational General Purpose Dog Handler
- Part of the elite Firearms Support Dog Unit
- Canine Public Order Officer
- Action Dog of the year (UK Canine Bravery award) winner
- Manager & Coach Metropolitan Police National Trials Team
- Specialist Search Dog Instructor
- Explosive Search Dog Instructor
- Victim Remains Recovery Introduction Course
- Diabetic Alert Dog Programme Louisiana USA
- Board Member ‘Southern Diabetic Retrievers’ Louisiana USA
- Evidence and legislation instructor