Friday 2nd August 2019
Brinsbury Campus, Chichester College, Pulborough, West Sussex, RH20 1DL
Beautiful venues with ample parking
Lunch & refreshments provided for all attendees
Course Presenter: Rob Hewings
- Experienced Trainer and Supporter of Assistance Dogs for PTSD Sufferers
- Experienced Dog Handler Instructor with Metropolitan Police Service
- BSc in Canine Behaviour and Training
- MA in Professional Practice Police Dog Training
- Engaged in Doctorate of Professional Practice Service Dog Training Exploring Ambient Scent & Emotional Learning and the use of Assistance Dogs to help with PTSD Sufferers
- Designer of Training Programme for Dogs to Support Sufferers of Night Terrors
- Education Consultant for The International Working Dog Association
- Board Member of Southern Diabetic Retrievers, Louisiana, USA
- Diabetic Alert Dog Trainer
Who is this course for?
- This course is for anybody interested in the training of dogs to support sufferers of PTSD specifically, and for those with a general interest in the role of assisatance Dogs; their training and desired skill-set.
- What is required of a PTSD Assistance Dog?
- Case Studies
- How to Train For Pheremone Discrimination
- Training The Dog to Support Through Night Terrors
- Realistic Training Versus 'Pretend' Training
- Training Techniques, Skills and Methodologies
- Live Training Demonstrations
- Training The Dog To Support Through Daily Anxiety Attacks
- Using Scent Alerts For Early 'Warnings'
All attendees will receive certification upon completion of the course
Places are very limited for this course.
Please book ASAP