Saturday 12th January 2019
Askham Bryan College, York, YO23 3FR
Saturday 2nd Feb 2019
Oaklands College, St Albans, Hertfordshire, AL4 0XS
Friday 2nd August 2019
Brinsbury Campus, Chichester College, Pulborough, West Sussex, RH20 1DL
Beautiful venues with ample parking
Lunch & refreshments provided for all attendees
Course Presenter: Rob Hewings
- Experienced Trainer and Supporter of Assistance Dogs for PTSD Sufferers
- Experienced Dog Handler Instructor with Metropolitan Police Service
- BSc in Canine Behaviour and Training
- MA in Professional Practice Police Dog Training
- Engaged in Doctorate of Professional Practice Service Dog Training Exploring Ambient Scent & Emotional Learning and the use of Assistance Dogs to help with PTSD Sufferers
- Designer of Training Programme for Dogs to Support Sufferers of Night Terrors
- Education Consultant for The International Working Dog Association
- Board Member of Southern Diabetic Retrievers, Louisiana, USA
- Diabetic Alert Dog Trainer
Who is this course for?
- This course is for anybody interested in the training of dogs to support sufferers of PTSD specifically, and for those with a general interest in the role of assisatance Dogs; their training and desired skill-set.
- What is required of a PTSD Assistance Dog?
- Case Studies
- How to Train For Pheremone Discrimination
- Training The Dog to Support Through Night Terrors
- Realistic Training Versus 'Pretend' Training
- Training Techniques, Skills and Methodologies
- Live Training Demonstrations
- Training The Dog To Support Through Daily Anxiety Attacks
- Using Scent Alerts For Early 'Warnings'
All attendees will receive certification upon completion of the course
Places are very limited for this course.
Please book ASAP